C&C for beginner (my dad)

bonobo_slr

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
My dad has quite recently got into photography and he is really enjoying it. He is still getting to grips with the fundamentals in terms of shutter/aperture/iso etc and he is also only learning to use some kind of photo development/editing/management software.

For now, my advice has been to focus on composition and planning. For example, decide what you want to take shots of and try to select good times of the day or good situation as to when to try and take them. He recently took this shot:

4512113428_655813cb27_b.jpg

The lighting is great, but maybe it is not as sharp as it could be - but that could be down to the lens being soft. He could really do with some feedback that is completely impartial. It's hard for me to be too critical because he is my dad and he might think that I am winding him up!

Thanks

I would have like to either see the shot at a lower angle, or to have seen the entire reflection. I think the exposure itself is great.

Yep - I mentioned to him that the whole reflection would have been better. Funny thing is this is right outside his house, so he can keep having a bash at getting the right shot.

thanks

Most reactions

New Topics

Back