C&C needed - Display-worthy?

Parago

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I took these this morning and created a collage. I'm planning to have it framed r(possibly 10x30in?) and display it in my (home-based) studio..

I (obviously) love it but I'm aware of the rather harsh shadows present and was wondering if, in your opinion, it's still something display-able or rather not so much?

Thanks.

Triosmall.jpg

If it was my kid, i would display it...
Those pictures are good and the collage works well. If it's your kid you have no reason not to show it, and if you are just the photographer, i think that it is a good example of what you can do.

seeing your other work.. no. There are much stronger images on your site. While I'm no professional, I think those harsh shadows are less than desirable and while the kid is adorable, it jsut looks less than professional with them there.

Its very nice, but if your trying to display them in your studio as an example of your work, i would shy away.

&& only because of the shadows. I love everything else about them.

Thanks for the feedback so far.

Deudeu, yes, it is indeed my daughter, that's probably the reason I'm as biased as I am. :lmao:

I could not get her to stay in the middle of the paper long enough and at some point she just sat down and leaned back against it. Hence the shadows.

I used a rather drastic action on it, thinking it might incorporate the shadows a little better but I do see the issue.

Until now I avoided trying to even mess with them but I might see if I can eliminate or at least soften them so they're not as much of an eye sore anymore. I do love her expressions and the colors so much.

I'll post results (or better, attempts) here so you guys can let me know what you think. :sexywink:

Thanks again!

An obvious question but why have you not taken the shadows out in post processing?

skieur

if you like it, go for it. its your kid and your photography being displayed in our house/studio it doesnt matter what other people think of it, as long as you like it.

(i think they look good, go for it.)

An obvious question but why have you not taken the shadows out in post processing?

skieur

Well, like I said, I sorta thought with the strong contrasting and over-saturation, the shadows might actually work. But when I was all done I wasn't so sure anymore. Plus, I have a hard time liking images where I had to mess with shadows, they always look kinda fake to me. I'll give it a shot tho and see how it goes.

if you like it, go for it. its your kid and your photography being displayed in our house/studio it doesnt matter what other people think of it, as long as you like it.

(i think they look good, go for it.)

Um, well, I'm not sure. :D

Since I do intend to display it in the studio, not just in my own private living room, I tend to think it DOES matter what other people think. There's no doubt I like them but I need to see what others think about the shadows.

And I think I know now that not everyone likes them. :sexywink:

skieur

I'm thinking the "removal" of these quite-harsh shadows will still leave rather soft, contrasty images. One either likes this or doesn't.

I think this baby is special. Her eyes particularly. I'm also thinking that you can do so much better. There are lighting problems that you could correct to create an image that will match the specialness of this baby, IMO. Lucky you don't have to call your client in for a re-shoot :). Just get her to play the game again...she may like it, she seems quite interested in what you're doing.

I'd like to see more.

I'm thinking the "removal" of these quite-harsh shadows will still leave rather soft, contrasty images. One either likes this or doesn't.

I think this baby is special. Her eyes particularly. I'm also thinking that you can do so much better. There are lighting problems that you could correct to create an image that will match the specialness of this baby, IMO. Lucky you don't have to call your client in for a re-shoot :). Just get her to play the game again...she may like it, she seems quite interested in what you're doing.

I'd like to see more.

This is from 2 months ago:

PinkBigCollage.jpg

I have one of them on a 20x30 canvas wrap (the one in the upper left corner with the half-smile). But I like it this way, too.. thinking about ordering it. :blushing:

I'm thinking the "removal" of these quite-harsh shadows will still leave rather soft, contrasty images. One either likes this or doesn't I'd like to see more.

Not at all. Selective removal will not affect any other part of the photo.

skieur

Most reactions

New Topics

Back