C&C on a portrait please

don't really have time for c&c and the picture is too big to be properly viewed

anyway... bmp

someone will help you

its well exposed/lit and sharp. But the pose is doing nothing for me here and it's awkwardly framed/cropped.

Agree with @Braineack.. the picture is very awkwardly framed and cropped. If the hands are important, perhaps a wider perspective to capture what they are doing and why they are important?

Otherwise, the cropped hand and lonely finger on the right are very distracting.

By awkwardly framed, what do you mean, exactly? How would you have changed that? I though about erasing that lonely finger but I completely forgot afterwards.

Thanks for the comments!

By awkwardly framed, what do you mean, exactly? How would you have changed that? I though about erasing that lonely finger but I completely forgot afterwards.

Thanks for the comments!
Just the "standard" rules per say, which are meant to be broken.
The rear hair is cut off.
The right hand is chopped - ie, not enough of the hand showing so it looks awkward to picky photographers.
The left hand finger is "floating" in the air, along with a small piece of another finger is distracting.

But I really like the photo.

Thanks for the comments!
Just the "standard" rules per say, which are meant to be broken.
The rear hair is cut off.
The right hand is chopped - ie, not enough of the hand showing so it looks awkward to picky photographers.
The left hand finger is "floating" in the air, along with a small piece of another finger is distracting.

But I really like the photo.
I see. It seems that I can't quite remove that need I have of really getting close and cutting things without realising. I'll make sure I do better next time.

I'm glad you like the picture!

I like the shot, but, as already said, the finger on camera right is too distracting....another point that I don't care for, is the position of the eyes.....imo, her eyes are turned just too far toward camera right.....there is no white area beyond the iris of her left eye.....

You have a gorgeous model and hopefully you can continue to work with her.

Be mindful - especially if you like getting in close, that you are not looking up the nose. Also, if hands are going to be part of the image that you take care of cuticles (middle finger of her right hand). The very bottom of her chin can be smoothed a tad also.

Agree with Braineack - exposure, light, colors etc. are nice.

Well, it's kind of strange but I do not believe the tattoos. They look like an artifice to me. I can live with the hands -- denotes a bit of mystery.

nice model but weird tattoos !
(looks like it was done with a black marker)

Be mindful - especially if you like getting in close, that you are not looking up the nose. Also, if hands are going to be part of the image that you take care of cuticles (middle finger of her right hand). The very bottom of her chin can be smoothed a tad also.

I wasn't aware that I had to be "above her nose", thanks for that tip. I'm not sure how I'll pull it off since I'm a short guy and this particular model is taller than me, with never-ending legs.

Cuticles, chin and (as per a previous comment) right finger will be edited. I'll be sure to post the new one here.

Here's the edited version with the changes you guys suggested. Removing the finger and editing the chin made a great improvement. Thanks!

Sofia_Edited by Eugenio Teran, en Flickr

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back