C&C on my dog's pic

nemophotos

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm new to photography....learning it as a hobby & to photography my new baby.

Not my best shot - but i kinda liked it.... I wish her face was on the left 3rd, but my bg stopped there and she would NOT hold still - great dog, not the best model cause she's too fidgety hehe
Manual mode
1/40
f4.5
400iso

cc-piper.jpg

I like it. There is a definite connection to the subject which is the point of a portrait. I would crop it down to her.

It's a nice capture...I like the colors. The composition isn't too bad either, but the angle of the legs is a little weird looking. Cropping it tighter to the dog is something you might want to try.

And the image seems a little soft...did you hand hold this shot?

You might want to straighten the image a bit too...it's leaning to the left.

I think this is a great photo, with the exception of the dog's right arm. If it had been laying down in a less contorted position it would look much better. However the light and colors are great. Straighten and crop it and post the result. 1/40 and handheld is tough to get perfectly sharp, well if you're like me with an unsteady hand. Still though, I really like it despite those nitpicks.

Thats how she sleeps!! Ill play around with the crop... i dont like tight crops though. And yes... a little camera shake, but i wasnt even trying to shoot her. i was sweeping the floor and she just plopped down so i had to grab my camera and shoot FAST before she moved. Thanks for the c&c

yes hand held... i wasnt posing her it was a quick, grab the camera moment... not a set up shot. thanks.... ill play with the crop...

Most reactions

Back