c&c on 3 pics

marmots

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
1.i know i shouldnt have cut off the edges but the back of the camera was almost against the ground so i couldnt see
3949638814_a05ea439f1_b.jpg

2. i tried to get a fake hdr affect with this one
3949638148_49ca7ff67e_b.jpg

3.a sunset at camp
3948857739_013a7e94bf_b.jpg

i really like 2 nice colors

I enjoy all of them. I fully sense the tranquility of #3, the gentleness of #1, and enjoy the array of color in #2. Great job.

One point is you don't always have to look at the back of the camera during the shot. That's why digital is so awesome. If the back of the camera was against the ground.. oh well. Snap several and then go to your computer and see what you captured. It's like opening a Christmas present IMO.

Keep shooting and posting.

If you know you're not supposed to do something, how about not doing it?

Because we are learning and it's part of the process. I'm not sure if you intended to come off stong in your comment, but that is the way I read it.

I apologize if I took your post wrong.

another problem with the camera being against the ground was that i couldn't get much more of the bottom in without only seeing the bottom

1. the color in this is over saturated and the white on the petal edges is blown out. The background is also very distracting. I realize Petunias grow low to the ground, but next time you attempt to photograph one try for a more pleasing composition. In this case I think shooting straight down would have worked better than the angle you chose.

2. I love the composition of this shot and how the wood in the foreground helps to frame the dianthus, but the lighting looks a little harsh to me and the foucs is sharp only on the front edge of the flower.

3. I'd crop out the tiny bit of tree leaves at the upper left corner and I might choose to lighten this a bit to show some detail in the shore line and forground.

Last edited:
1. the color in this is over saturated and the white on the petal edges is blown out. The background is also very distracting. I realize Petunias grow low to the ground, but next time you attempt to photograph one try for a more pleasing composition. In this case I think shooting straight down would have worked better than the angle you chose.

2. I love the composition of this shot andhow the wood in the foreground helps to frame the dianthus, but the lighting looks a little harsh to me and the foucs is sahrp only on the front edge of the flower.

3. I'd crop out the tiny bit of tree leaves at the upper left corner and I might choose to lighten this a bit to show some detail in the shore line and forground.

quote without adds ;)

I am a total newbie, but this is my thoughts anyway. What editing software do you have to use?

1) I agree that you shouldn't have cut off the edges, but I don't think it destroys the shot. I dislike the blur of the flower parts in the foreground.

2) Over saturated, but I actually like the way the wood looks more than how the flower looks.

3)You can try to "dodge" the blacks a little to bring out subtle details. Not sure if it would make the picture better or not, but worth tinkering with. I wold try mainly in the treeline to show a little detail of trunks, and perhaps a little of the dock as well.

If you know you're not supposed to do something, how about not doing it?

Because we are learning and it's part of the process. I'm not sure if you intended to come off stong in your comment, but that is the way I read it.

I apologize if I took your post wrong.

No need to apologize. I'm not even sure why you do :D

I can see how my post could be taken wrong but it was meant to say no more than it did. If you already know it is wrong, why do it? I've seen quite a few threads starting this way and I just don't get it.

In this case, instead of taking the shot that you knew was wrong, why not look for a different angle or whatever to get a shot that is right?

I personally do not show anything to anyone (except maybe my wife, lol) unless it is 100% perfect. Of course, perfection in art is a very subjective idea but when you, yourself, know the image is bad (wrong), why show it at all?

Hope that makes my blunt statement more understandable.

EDIT = And I know this is not your thread. Was just easier to write the way I did.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back