Photos OK to edit
Went out to the sunset today
3094462558_e48cb0039f.jpg

3094463462_a5136730a9.jpg

3094465304_41190fdf50.jpg

3093624583_a0fa9c289b.jpg

3094467382_361afaed01.jpg

Last edited:
The look nice. Pleasing color. Horizon looks a little tilted to me though. I prob like the 2nd one best.

yeah i fixed some of them, i think i forgot some though

anyone else? i looove sun rises/sets and want to improve on shooting them

Also.... Consider adding some foreground elements to spice things up. A sunset is a sunset afterall.

oops, yeah my bad, i think i had another lemme find it

edit: fixed duplicates, and at that particular place, there wasnt much for foreground, the actual beach was about 10 feet long, it was actually a part i've never been to before

I think that you have a good start with some beautiful sunsets, but if you want to step it up a notch you need to fill more of the frame with something. A start would be taking #2 and cropping off most of the sky (there's nothing adding to the photo) and some off the left to de-center the sun. The next step would be to work on finding other things of interest. Something or someone on the shore, a small boat near the shore, interesting and colorful cloud formations in more of the sky, etc. Go back and keep shooting. - TF

yeah I hear ya, i was hoping for some clouds higher in the sky but it's all luck on what the sky provides. In my other sunset shoot, there was a few nice clouds and then the entire sky was grey above it which sucked, and now it was all empty.

I keep looking for some subjects, but I had never been to this spot, and the beach itself was about 10 feet long hahaha.

the shots are very flat. the advise ranmyaku and shutterspeed said would really help with that. keep at the shootin.

Fine shots, if off-axis. The subject IS the sunset, nothing else needs to be there.

i have to disagree, sure nothing has to be there but that is what could make the difference between a nice shot and an amazing shot.

i have to disagree, sure nothing has to be there but that is what could make the difference between a nice shot and an amazing shot.

For example?

If the point is to go out and shoot a sunset, and its effect on the water, and clouds - then the OP has succeeded. A cresting bird, or some old couple strolling along the beach effectively changes the "aesthetic" of the shot; however both can (and may well) be great shots.

do you not think these shot could be inproved? I personally dont think this shot will be apearing in any magazines soon. Dont take that as an attack im just trying to prove my point.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back