C&C Please :D

very interesting pic! its cool that it looks like the sky is moving fast and everything else is so still. the water gets a bit grainy to me though?

I LIKE!!!!!

Great colors, love the texture of the water's surface around the white thingies. Love the blurry clouds!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::D:D:D:D

It is a bit noisy but nothing that noticeable. I like the shot. :thumbup: The clouds and the reflections are nice. If I were to try to nit pick, the dock on the left seems to be a bit overexposed.

The white/blown pilings hold the eye from viewing the rest of the image. They are too bright and distracting. There also seems to be a division that makes this look like two images combined. The sky is bluer over the pilings, and yellower over the water.

I really like this picture. The color range is amazing. Good composition and I like the lighting effects.:thumbup:

I think that the overexposed dock is a bit distracting. I really like the effect that a long exposure has on moving clouds, but try to remember that things that are well lit will be very bright. I like it overall, but I think it would have been better with a shorter exposure.

~William

I think that the overexposed dock is a bit distracting. I really like the effect that a long exposure has on moving clouds, but try to remember that things that are well lit will be very bright. I like it overall, but I think it would have been better with a shorter exposure.

~William

But if there was a shorter exposure would that take away from the moving clouds? I really like this photo. I was also wondering if the dock is too much. The city/skyline I really enjoy and it is sort of fun when you don't train your eye on one specific thing. What time of night was this taken? I'm guessing fairly dark?

~William

But if there was a shorter exposure would that take away from the moving clouds? I really like this photo. I was also wondering if the dock is too much. The city/skyline I really enjoy and it is sort of fun when you don't train your eye on one specific thing. What time of night was this taken? I'm guessing fairly dark?

It was hard to not get the pillars to be overexposed becuase if i had a shorter shutter speed the rest of the photo would have been underexposed. Also, the light from the pillars helped the rest of the photo.
But anyway, thank you all for the feedback. Much appreciated :)

Normally I would save long exposures like 30 seconds for photo opportunities where there the lighting is more "balanced" over the entire shot. But then again that's my personal preference on long exposure night scenes. I don't like to see too much artificial lighting in my long exposures unless they are coming directly from my subject (like a building w lighting). However despite the over exposed dock, and the fact that you shot in a tricky area with many light sources to balance out, you did a good job! And I love the idea/ composition. I would have included a little less dock in my exposure but thats just me! Good work, Happy shooting!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back