C&C Please- Rule of 1/3's

Barking Mad

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.abritandabit.typepad.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
You guys are going to be sick of me posting my million and one questions...but I genuinely want to learn. I've ordered so many books via all of your recommendations over the last two days that I'm putting off buying a new tripod and another lens until I recoup some of the money I've spent on books. But it's all good. Knowledge is power...or that's what I've heard anyhow.

I was going through some photos and out of tons and tons of images, only TWO stood out as remotely resembling the Rule of 1/3's. One of these images has been displayed at a gallery and and one is just something I shot when we went apple picking...well, we were supposed to be PICKING the apples, but as you can tell, my subject had other ideas.

So am I getting warmer with this Rule of 1/3 thing? Is this what I need to concentrate on when it comes to composition?

2870308726_23397fb994_o.jpg

2958148589_4fa71c9d07_o.jpg

As always, your time, opinions and suggestions are appreciated.

Auds

Rule of thirds is only a guideline, not an absolute. The main idea is to not put your center of interest in the center of the picture.

Yes, those are good examples of using the ROT.

There are other compositional considerations such as leading lines and diagonals too.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back