C&C Please

aviator68

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello Everyone, I am new to the forum and have some shots I would like you to C&C. I did not have a flash to use for fill so her eyes are shaded in some.

Thanks!

Patrick

358509424_SATpX-L.jpg

358509830_9JR3G-M.jpg

358511061_24Npa-M.jpg

Good poses, and a pretty, confident model. A few exposure issues however.
1. The face and upper arms are at least 2/3 - 1 stop over. Additionally your conversion seems to have affected the overall tone; she appears to have a slight green caste.

2. Better, but still a little over-exposed around her face.

3. Good overall exposure, but some harsh shadows around her eyes are detracting. A small fill light or reflector would have helped this. Not a major issue, but keep your background in mind; in this case the large bright area behind her head isn't ideal.

Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary.

~John

I like your interpretation of the subject. I agree with Tirediron about number 3. A reflector would have been in line. The light space behind her isn't ideal, but I don't think it ruins the image.

I disagree with the critiques of your exposure on 1 and 2.

I think that the overexposure on number one works well, and the green cast works with her and the rustic look behind her. I think I would have gotten tighter though and probably would have gone for a little less head space.

I think number 2 is absolutely excellent as is. Higher exposure on her face adds a fashion flare that I think is ideal, especially with this model. Cropped well, the semi-sepia looks great.

Number 2 is my favorite. Good work.

Thanks for all great feedback! This is a great place to learn. I did order a reflector this week to help with shots. Anxious to get out there this weekend and apply what I learned :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back