Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Thanks all
3237849659_789cdd85e6_b.jpg

3237881067_4aa2d91771_b.jpg

3238727118_1e134f44d0_b.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting. I know what you were going for with the silhouette, but I think the dog blends a little too well with the silhouette of the rocks behind. The sun does provide a nice hairlight to cue us on what the subject is. I like that.

Next time, try getting even lower than you were when taking that photo to get more of that "hero dog" look and use up more negative space. Also, level your photos. You'll be surprised how much difference a flat horizon makes.

Agree with above advice, maybe a little flash stopped down would've been nice also?

not a bad shot, but to me it looks rather underexposed. I would probably like it just a tad lighter, and maybe with the horizon straightened a tad.

Personally I do like the lighting on the dog.

Cool, thanks for all the advice, I will try again soon

Oh, for some reason I forgot to mention it in my previous post... Next time try using some fill flash with the dog. It will help separate doggy better from the background. Use your flash exposure compensation to control the fill and adjust to your taste.

IMO, it doesn't need a lot of fill, I quite like the silhouette, it just needs more separation.

Most reactions

Back