C&C Please!

henrycooke

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
3764361159_bf43c88b47.jpg

Took this with my Contax 137 MD Quartz (Film) with a prime lens, then developed in my schools dark room. Scanned into photoshop and fixed up some scratches. Used the nice big lights at school, ASA 400 retro film. C&C would be awesome

I think it's very good. Good lighting ratio, wish her face wasn't quite so far to the edge but never the less very dramatic and I like it a lot.

Henry, Normally a chopped off face is a nono, but in truth, I like the composition here. It really works for me. The contrast is good as well. I would say the only thing that bothers me is that here face looks slightly blown out. I believe this can be fixed rather easly, unless of course this is what you where after..I will tell you what though....those eyes..Those eyes have allot of life in them and you captured that moment very well...Those lips show the same...That is a good job!

Kudos for using film as well... :)

There is a marginal tilt of the head towards the edge of the frame. If her face was straight on, the image would be perfect. But hey, I am nit picking... On the postive, the contract is nice, good catchlights in the eyes,lovely face.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back