c & C please

HF Photography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I posted these in a separate thread but will pos them in a new one on their own instead. I havent done much editing to these shots yet but need some ideas/inspiration/critique etc please??

black and white do you think?

DSC_1992.jpg

DSC_2009.jpg

pity about the tree coming out of her head but apart from that? and maybe also black and white?

DSC_2013.jpg

light not so good on the side of her face??

DSC_1947.jpg

#1- Very soft. I can't tell what (if anything) is in focus. If it were my own child I wouldn't find this interesting. Could be my child or the neighbor's if I can't see any unique identifying features. Underexposed.

#2- Again very soft. There doesn't appear to be any point of focus. What was your shutter speed? The object in the background is distracting and pulls attention away from the child's face. Also underexposed IMHO.

#3- Very soft... reoccurring theme. No point of focus. I don't think B&W will help the image. Others can chime in, but in this version I don't think the image holds enough contrast to translate well to B&W.

#4 SOFT... yet again. The eyes are dark and OOF. Not flattering. The blurry hand in the foreground is distracting IMHO. And your assessment of the lighting is correct.

Last shot would work if the little girl would look at the camera or at least upwards so the eyes would be more prominent.

I think the biggest issue is composition.

First shot is just altogether quite uninteresting. Most likely the girl was looking at the ducks but this detail gets lost with all the other space on the top and the bottom of the picture.

Second shot same thing, composition.

In the third shot I can imagine the look of the girl was very nice but you should have zoomed all the way in to get her. There is nothing around her that is of interest. The lighting conditions in that shot would have been nearly ideal for a beautiful portrait.

Hope this helps.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back