Overstanding

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello,

Just looking for some feedback on this photo.
I place a Canon 580exII under the bottle with diffuser and snoot at 1/128th power and lit up the label with four led lights. One for each corner. I had my friend add the bokeh later on with photoshop.

This photo has generated quite a bit of attention in flickr. I've been told by many that I should try and sell the photo to the rum company. Since this fourm gives such great feedback, I'd like to hear what you guys have to say. I plan to re-do the photo and then attemp to sell it.

Thank You,
Derrick

First straighten up the bottle

You can see the dust at this resolution on the bottle, so that would need to get cleaned up. *edit real fast* Its not dust I don't think, it may just be the grain of the bottle however it appears to be an effect of the lighting

The label is too dark and unevenly lit (yes I know you did this) just normally when shooting products it is of the up most importance to have continuity from product label to actual label. One of the studio artists at my school landed a Grey Goose shoot's post production job, he almost completely repainted the label in because it wasn't clean enough.

Personally if you are going to add circles at least take a picture of out of focus lights, when I first saw it I immediately thought "Nice perfect circles, bad PP job" they lack the actual texture bokeh tends to bring in.

I can see your speedlight

The lighting also created some extreme hot spots, which can distract you so it would be best to minimize those in round 2.

not at all a fan of PP in bokeh. I just think it looks fake and it's way too much PP for my taste.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back