C41 Film with Strobes in Studio

kdthomas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So, what has been your experience, with films available today, for in-studio strobe portrait work, using C-41 color film?

I have a speedotron brown line 400 w/s pack, and M11 heads, that should put out about 5500K, if I'm informed correctly.

Any advice/guidance?

Thanks,
--Kerry

I don't do studio work, but Portra is generally regarded as one of the best films today for color portraits. You might want to take a look at Cinestill, too. They have a daylight-balanced and a tungsten-balanced emulsion. It's C-41 process, but many reviews say it seems to behave and look more like slide film. I don't know how it works with skin tone, though.

I don't do studio work, but Portra is generally regarded as one of the best films today for color portraits. You might want to take a look at Cinestill, too. They have a daylight-balanced and a tungsten-balanced emulsion. It's C-41 process, but many reviews say it seems to behave and look more like slide film. I don't know how it works with skin tone, though.
My mentor says porta 160 is the bomb for film portraits, wonderful skin tones.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Your lights should be spot on 5500; use daylight-balanced film and all should be good.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back