cables for vivitar and triggers

anel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
hello, is it possible to buy a cable that will connect my vivitar 285HV and the ebay triggers? i always put the flash directly on the trigger but i want a cable connecting them so i can put the flash itself on a stand and not the trigger.

Did your flash come with the cable? Mine did.

my vivitars came with cables,
i use them on my 301p but without the cables.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think that Vivitars have their own proprietary connection, so you would need a cable that had the Vivitar end on it. FlashZebra.com: Vivitar to Inexpensive Radio Slave Adapter Cable (Item #0029)

My suggestion is to just get one of FlashZebra.com: Female Hotshoe with Miniphone Jack (female) (Item #0128) so that you can use a basic miniphone cable to go from the trigger to the adapter...the flash sits on the adapter.

you are right,

my flashs came with vivitar proprietary connection to PC,
its a small pin connector

my vivitar did not come with the cable. i do have the cable that came with my ebay triggers though.. it's just that one end doesn't fit in the vivitar of course. as i see it, i need this cable?

00cysz-24809084.jpg

what is this cable called exactly? or at least the end of it that fits into the vivitar? is it similar to something i can buy in an local electricity store?

I'd suggest avoiding having to use a PC connection, unless you go to the screw-lock version. It's just not a great connection in my experience.

The cord I linked to above, FlashZebra.com: Vivitar to Inexpensive Radio Slave Adapter Cable (Item #0029), plugs into the Vivitar and has a female 1/4 'phone' socket. So then you can just use a standard 1/4 plug (probably included with any trigger set).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back