Cades Cove, TN this weekend. Might buy Grad ND Filter

iflynething

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I want to experiment with with some Graduated Neutral Density filers to correctly expose mainly sunrise shots.

I believe I am wanting this type of filer. To where it will have the darker at the top of the filter to help correctly have the sun "darker" so I can correctly expose the area below it.

I don't want to go overhand, but am only spending one day in the Cove and want to make the most of it.

What do you suggest. A graduated, split. How many stops (I will mainly use it for sunrises and the sunset that evening)?

~Michael~

Michael -

GOOD FOR YOU! What an AWESOME PLACE to go and shoot.

A friend of mine was married (one of them, and I mean his marriages, not my friends) there many years ago.

Make sure to spend all day there, both surrises and sunsets can be incredible, although I would much rather see a sunset than a sunrise...lol

A long lens will also come in handy this time of year with all the wildlife out there.

Don't forget to take a CP along with you if clouds and sky are right.

Have a GREAT time!

Hey thanks for your words. I have been pretty successful 2 weekends ago with my 80-200 2.8. Great shot of a doe. I was unable to get there at sunrise since it took 2 more hours than expected. I'm hoping to get my work schedule worked out to where I can go up friday morning about 6 am, getting there at about 10 or so and staying all day, sleep in the hotel, then go back all day Saturday.

~Michael~

Most reactions

New Topics

Back