Calling all Texans!

Just North of San Antonio... Shouldn't be too bad... maybe some flooding where I live. Hopefully nothing that will reach our house, although I DO know that no more than a mile away people will get flooded. :(
This weekend I am going to hang out with some friends from out of town... not even a hurricane will stop that... haha ;)

yeah I hope you guys will stay stafe!!! take care!!!

DFW here. We should be ok, should just get some rain. Oh and the evacuee levee has broken here! LOL, they are pouring in by the moment from Houston.

Aoide is from Houston area, and I think thebeginning maybe from down that way.

60 or so miles northwest of houston (near the woodlands, conroe, tomball)...not sure if we are going to go somewhere, we're thinking about go to the DFW area, because my sister goes to college there anyways...we'll see

Spiralout is from Houston, and he's staying there b/c his mom had back surgery and can't leave...so please keep Scott and his family in your thoughts and prayers.

eromallagadnama said:
Spiralout is from Houston, and he's staying there b/c his mom had back surgery and can't leave...so please keep Scott and his family in your thoughts and prayers.

Definately will...sending him all the good vibes I can.

Thanks for the good vibes. *hugs* I live in Sugar Land, which is about 40 miles (or something like that... too close for my comfort!) north east of where it's supposed to make landfall. There are supposed to be 110 mph winds over here. It's so unreal... just 24 hours ago I was at school and we all joked that we hoped school would be closed on Thursday or Friday because we hadn't studied for a test, or didn't feel like going to class. Now we find out that it's the 3rd most powerful storm the US has ever seen and it's headed toward us. We can't evacuate because my mom just had back surgery and isn't able to stay in the seated position for any extended period of time, and the closest hotel with any open space is in Oklahoma City. I hope all ya'll other Texans stay safe.

spiralout said:
Thanks for the good vibes. *hugs* I live in Sugar Land, which is about 40 miles (or something like that... too close for my comfort!) north east of where it's supposed to make landfall. There are supposed to be 110 mph winds over here. It's so unreal... just 24 hours ago I was at school and we all joked that we hoped school would be closed on Thursday or Friday because we hadn't studied for a test, or didn't feel like going to class. Now we find out that it's the 3rd most powerful storm the US has ever seen and it's headed toward us. We can't evacuate because my mom just had back surgery and isn't able to stay in the seated position for any extended period of time, and the closest hotel with any open space is in Oklahoma City. I hope all ya'll other Texans stay safe.

Is your car not big enough for her to lay down in the back seat or recline??

If you can make her comfortable, you don't need a hotel, come stay at my house. I have beds, lots of room.

mountainlander said:
Is your car not big enough for her to lay down in the back seat or recline??

If you can make her comfortable, you don't need a hotel, come stay at my house. I have beds, lots of room.

I'm not sure exactly what the problem is, but it's probably a bunch of things. For one, we'd have to make frequent stops because her intestines are acting crazy. That's definitely not going to work with this kinda traffic. I'm not sure. :???: I'll talk to them tomorrow. We were actually going to stay at an acquaintance's house in Dallas, but they had to attend a relative's funeral. It might be too late by tomorrow; thanks for the offer, though. :hug::

spiralout said:

3rd most powerful storm in US History????? :shock: Oh my! I did not know that! I did hear a weatherman say that if there was a category 6, this would be it, but I had no idea it was this bad!!! :( :( :( Now I'm really scared for all of you! :( :( :( Spiralout, LOTS of :hug:: to you and your mom!!!!!! Is it not possible for an ambulance to transport somehow???

mountainlander said:
If any of you guys need somewhere to crash for the weekend, pm me. Seriously.
Same here, it looks like the storm just turned north... strait into Houston. If anyone's heading this way we've got plenty of room.
Stay safe Spiralout, if my friend had his heli anymore I could have y'all airlifted out... but he doesn't have access anymore. :confused: Now that we need it! :confused:
Anyways, good luck.

Most reactions

Back