Camera Appraisal Help

mmcklveen

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello,

Can anyone guide me to the best person/company that can appraise cameras?
I have a large quantity of cameras (film, digital, video) and lenses and other equipment that need to be appraised and sold.

Does anyone have any recommendations beyond KEH Camera?

Thanks!

Hello,

Can anyone guide me to the best person/company that can appraise cameras?
I have a large quantity of cameras (film, digital, video) and lenses and other equipment that need to be appraised and sold.

Does anyone have any recommendations beyond KEH Camera?

Thanks!
Do you have local camera store near you? Most of them have someone that knows lots, may even a collector themselves.

Do you have local camera store near you? Most of them have someone that knows lots, may even a collector themselves.
I do not.
This isn't a quantity that I can just bring into a store either. There are over 100+ cameras that I need help deciding if they are worth anything to sell or if they should be donated.

Agreed a local shop is you probably your best possibility. But that said, the ones 'near' me (there are 4 within about an hour drive) look at sold listings on ebay to get a general idea and adjust based on condition, accessories (all lens caps, box, etc.) so that can give you a range. Or a general rule is if it's a current lens, figure about 60-70% or if's original value. Also depends on what it is. My main one often purposely lowballs on some gear, hoping you don't want to sell/trade it so they don't have to deal with it as it will sit around for along time.

DIY appraisal through eBay completed auctions is a rough guide to pricing. Check there before taking the lot in for appraising. Shops buy what they believe will sell in-store or on eBay.

I do not.
This isn't a quantity that I can just bring into a store either. There are over 100+ cameras that I need help deciding if they are worth anything to sell or if they should be donated.
With that many you need an antiques/auction house look at them. They can sort out what has some value vs. what isn’t worth trying to sell. That will give you a smaller batch to get a better valuation on.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back