Camera bag that is more than that - anyone has ideas?

amarques

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I need to get a camera bag that, besides carrying some basic equipment (body, 3-5 lenses, flash, etc) would also carry a laptop AND still have some extra compartment for extra non-photography things.

The problem is that when going somewhere for a photowalk (usually in urban areas) I end up carrying a camera shoulder bag and a backpack for the extras.

I've been looking at the Tamrac Adventure 9 and 10 and they seem to fit my needs but are a bit pricey. Any other suggestions?

Thanks Rogan.

I have something from that line (the Adventure Messenger 3) and it's great for when I know I'll just need a body and a couple of lenses (or usually when I go out and "just want to take the camera" with me).

The bad thing about a messenger bag is that if you go on a hike is not that stable, always gets on your way. So I'm looking for a backpack styled one.

Any other ideas?

I have this bag

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/388729-REG/Lowepro_34731_CompuRover_AW_Backpack.html

Without the laptop compartment and I love it. The only problem I have with it is I am not able to carry my 70-200 2.8VR kens. I have seen the Tamrac adventure 9 takes care of thtis problem with a bigger bottom compartment but I have to tell you I have seen the 9 in person and the top area definately suffers from a larger bottom. I have also seen pictures of the 10 and it looks to me like everything all around is bigger but whatever you do make sure you see any of your choices in person before you make a decision that is binding as pictures of any camera bag can make it look much larger than it actually is.

I've got THIS bag. It has a laptop compartment and room for plenty of photo gear. It does have a front area for other things, it is not large but I've been able to stuff quite a bit into it when needed.

I bought it at my local camera chain store and I think it was about $130.
I probably could have found it cheaper on-line though.

I had looked on-line and had picked out the bag that I thought I wanted. When I went into the store to check it out, I found that the one I wanted was way too small. I had a close look at all the bags they had in stock and I liked this one best. It was actually cheaper than the similar model that didn't have a laptop compartment.

I really like Lowepro products and I have several bags myself. The built-in rain cover that the AW bags have, is great. It really saved my gear when I was in Costa Rica.

I love my bag! this one fits all my gear and my laptop. has a couple of extra pockets on the front and you can easily attach a tripod.

AND it comes with a whistle which i haven't found a use for yet.

I think you are all on the wrong track. I mentioned my Lowepro that and the Tamrac Ad. 9 are pretty much going to cover his request. As I said the only other thing that might do it would be the hew Tamrac adventure 10 that I just saw in Shutterbug. http://www.shutterbug.com/news/030508tamrac/

I have used the Tamrac Adventure 7 for over five years and it is a good small travel bag that does not look like a camera bag. I also have the CyberPack roller. I think the Adventure 9 or 10 could be good options (I would first want to see how it feels with a laptop slipped inside). I have used a number of Lowepro bags and they are usually my first choice, but the Tamrac bags I have are working well after years of hard use.

Holy crap! why are you carrying so much on a Photowalk?

Most reactions

Back