Camera Help. Which Should I Buy?

Can anyone help me tell the difference besides the MP and zoom? Thanks!

One's Canon, one's Nikon.

Seriously, a point and shoot is not a major buying decision for the future since you're just buying a camera, not a system.

I'm guessing that you want to do photography, if so then both will probably let you down soon enough.

If you are sure those are the two you're looking at though, I'd pick which ever one is cheaper.

Go to Circuit City or Best buy and check them out in person.

Just don't listen to a word the salespeople tell you.

Sabbath999: I went to Best Buy and man handled them for a while and I still couldn't tell. Actually, up until that point I was sold on the Nikon just because I love my Nikon now and it was a new release but the Canon seems have more functionality. That's why I'm here... I can tell the basic differences but I can't between the specs.

I have the Canon S5 IS and I like it quite well. Great pics, feels good in hand, swivel monitor. The 1.5 fps captures my on the go toddler quite well and it also captures movies as well if you like that sort of thing. 2.5 inch monitor screen, takes 4 AA batteries and will take rechargable NiMH AA batteries, takes SD, SDHC, and Multi Media Card memory cards. If accessories are your thing, you can also purchase the Lens Adaptor and get the compatible wide converter, 58mm close-up lens, and/or the teleconverter lens. I haven't purchased any of these accessories as I plan to upgrade soon to a DSLR. All around, it is a very good point and shoot camera. I've used it to mostly take pictures of my little boy.

I haven't seen, held or otherwise researched the Nikon P80 so I can't really help you there.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back