Camera Help

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by Hobbit, Dec 23, 2006.

1. Hobbit

Hobbit TPF Noob!

Hi all, I have the Olympus SP-350 and it pretty much sucks. I wanted to start slow before buying a very good camera but it's not letting me do what I want. Whenever I want to take a depth of field shot, it takes two pictures. Not sure how to explain it really, I basically hear the camera take two pictures back to back, but it's really just once, and it comes out blurry. So all of my selective shots are blurry. Is this a camera problem? Or a setting? Or me?

2. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    What do you mean by "take a depth of field shot"? Every shot has depth of field. Are you trying to have a shallow DOF or a deep DOF? What settings are you using? Can you post an example of the images that are blurry, with the settings used?

3. Hobbit

Hobbit TPF Noob!

Well maybe I shouldn't use photography terms next time since I don't know anything about it.

I mean something like this
    [​IMG]

It looks fine on the camera, but when I take it all of it comes out blurry, not just the background. That's not my picture by the way.

4. Torus34

Torus34 No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Your rig allows aperture and shutter priority. DOF is dependent on the lens opening. The priorities available allow you to fully exploit the lens capabilities, assuming sufficient light.

5. Don Simon

Don Simon TPF Noob!

The noise that sounds like it's taking two pictures could well be the sound of the shutter opening and closing. In which case it sounds like the shutter speed is too slow, hence the blurred image.