Camera Help

Hobbit

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi all, I have the Olympus SP-350 and it pretty much sucks. I wanted to start slow before buying a very good camera but it's not letting me do what I want. Whenever I want to take a depth of field shot, it takes two pictures. Not sure how to explain it really, I basically hear the camera take two pictures back to back, but it's really just once, and it comes out blurry. So all of my selective shots are blurry. Is this a camera problem? Or a setting? Or me?

What do you mean by "take a depth of field shot"? Every shot has depth of field. Are you trying to have a shallow DOF or a deep DOF? What settings are you using? Can you post an example of the images that are blurry, with the settings used?

Well maybe I shouldn't use photography terms next time since I don't know anything about it.

I mean something like this
mike%20graff.jpg

It looks fine on the camera, but when I take it all of it comes out blurry, not just the background. That's not my picture by the way.

Your rig allows aperture and shutter priority. DOF is dependent on the lens opening. The priorities available allow you to fully exploit the lens capabilities, assuming sufficient light.

The noise that sounds like it's taking two pictures could well be the sound of the shutter opening and closing. In which case it sounds like the shutter speed is too slow, hence the blurred image.

Most reactions

Back