Camera Setting

Apple15

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a nikon d3000 Please explain to me how i choose the right settings and how to use setting i have read things i m just not getting it please explain in dummmy terms

Hi Apple,

This is a welcome and Intro thread so I'll begin by saying Hi! and Welcome. There is a wealth of information at your fingertips in the forum. I would suggest checking out Photography's Beginner's Forum.

Cheers :)

I have a nikon d3000 Please explain to me how i choose the right settings and how to use setting i have read things i m just not getting it please explain in dummmy terms

That's about as broad a question as one can ask about photography. The only specific info you gave was your camera model, and that makes absolutely no difference.

Each different situation is going to have different settings, in fact each situation will have many different possible settings depending on what YOU decide you want your image to look like.

Start here http://www.exposureguide.com/exposure.htm

Welcome to the site.

Welcome to the forum, Apple15! :) Sometimes it takes a little practice before using settings starts to feel natural. Be sure to read your camera's manual, and test all of the various settings it talks about. Shoot away, and post your results in the Beginner's forum so you can ask specific questions if things don'g go right. This is how we learn.

Enjoy the forum!

Your question sounds as if you are trying to shoot in manual mode. Is that a fair assumption?

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back