Camera Slipping on Tripod

Leo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just bought a Velbon DF60, but was disappointed with the quick release adapter. My camera keeps slipping when I put it vertically. I even used a screwdriver, and would still slip. Anybody have any problem with this? What did you do to fix this?

What's your camera setup? Could be it is just too heavy for that tripod.
Do you mean slipping loose from the screw threads on the adapter or that it moves from the point where you have positioned it ie. the whole head is slipping.

I have a Minolta 500i with a 70-300mm lens and a 3500xi flash. Its slipping from the adapter, camera points down after I position it vertically.

Leo said:
I have a Minolta 500i with a 70-300mm lens and a 3500xi flash. Its slipping from the adapter, camera points down after I position it vertically.
I would recommend removing the adapter and using it straight on the tripod head.
Sounds like a heavy setup especially with the flash adding to the weight. Tighten it up as best you can.

I gave up, I exchanged it for Manfrotto Basic Tripod and the Super 3D head. I am very happy with my tripod. Much, much easier to use and lighter than the Volben.

Leo said:
I gave up, I exchanged it for Manfrotto Basic Tripod and the Super 3D head. I am very happy with my tripod. Much, much easier to use and lighter than the Volben.

good move :thumbup:
aren't manfrotto called 'bogen' in the states?

yes... manfrotto and bogen are the same company.

Anytime people ask for tripod advice, i always point them in their direction. Good well made tripods at a wide range of needs and prices.

Most reactions

Back