Camera to P.C. SW and Post Processing?

fstop

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm sure this question has been beat to death but I just got a D90 and was wondering if I use the software that came with it or is there something else thats "free" that's much better? (in terms of organizing and post processing images)

Prior to getting the D90, I've had Picasa on my p.c. for the point and shoot but it's giving me major headaches right now. Crashes when I try to extract files from an 8mb SD card. Have tried re-loading, same deal.

Not looking to dig into PS4 or any other pricey SW at the moment until I figure out all the features on the camera.

Thanks for suggestions.

I don't use any software to extract files from memory cards. I either use a card reader or the camera, then copy the files over (treating the card as a small hard-drive). I have my own way of organizing the files chronologically that is pretty simple.

For organizing/viewing and quick edits ACDsee works well (and it can automatically move images over if you want to use that). The pro version will process raw files but for me it doesn't replace nx2.

Just use Windows File Manager (or the Mac equivalent if you're one of "them" ;) ) and a card reader to move the files from camera to computer. As for post apps, if money's tight, then look The GIMP this is almost as powerful as Photoshop in many ways and is totally free.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back