Camera want focus on what it needs too.

Ilovelearning

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have a d90 and i can not not get my lens to fucs on what i want it to focus on alot of the times.

Is there different types of way you can get your camera to focus. Alot of times I will have my people I practice with to be framed in my by trees and it alway focusing on the whole picture instead of my practice people.

Also i will take a shot from lower on the ground and it will focus on their legs or some other part instead of their face.

I know you have manual focus, but I'm really bad with it. I can do it, but not every time or the percent of the time I want to be. I would like to know if there are focusing options, and what the option are where i can look them up.

Learn how to manually select AF points, take a gander at your manual( again? ) and you should figure it out... then you can put that point on whatever you want in focus, and let the camera do its best to achieve it.

So are you saying look up af points in my manual. I'm basically looking for what I need to look up to read on where I can figure this out. I just need to know what it is to read about.

I'm going to check out af points but if there are better key words I should look up let me know.

Thanks too man

That should be a good starting point... once youre there just look for something like "manually selecting AF points"... I shoot Canon, so I cant help you with any button commands or anything on your specific camera body :confused:,but someone more knowledgable on your camera will more than likely respond here shortlyll, either way, youll get it figured it out soon.

In all seriousness, if you haven't read your manual cover to cover with your camera in your hands, you've missed a lot. Even if there's something you don't understand (because you have yet to have use for a specific feature) you will have some memory of it being available and will be able to figure it out quicker.

What i did, there is a function button on the d90, (right side of th lens mount)
i assigned my focus options to that button. its a great shortcut and it works great.

What i did, there is a function button on the d90, (right side of th lens mount)
i assigned my focus options to that button. its a great shortcut and it works great.

These are the features that can be found in the manual. I do not know the D90, but you may have custom functions on the camera that you can set yourself...a nice feature.

Camera want focus on what it needs too.

The camera is stupid.

You have to do the work of deciding where the focus needs to be.

Then, you have to know enough about the camera to tell it where the focus needs to be.

The way you know enough about the camera to be able to tell it what to do, is to read the camera users manual as many times as it takes to do that.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back