Camera wont focus with a new lens

ramizlol

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello! I have nikon d3300 that came with a kit lens. When using it with autofocus, it works flawlessly. When I got my new wide angle lens, Tokina 12-24 mm dx ii. I have alot of trouble when using autofocus with it. It always comes out blurry no matter what, unless I am really close (5 feet) to the subject. Also, If I use live view then I have to use higher exposure settings to get the correct exposure vs using the view finder. Any idea what is going with it? Thanks

is it actually the DX II?

The difference between a "II" and the original is that the
"II" adds an autofocus motor to the LENS
whereas the ONE "I" requires the camera body itself to have an autofocus motor which then focuses the lens which is only on the d7x00 and higher bodies.

The d3x00 and d5x00 camera bodies require the "II" TWO version.

Can you confirm you have a model II ?

The difference between a "II" and the original is that the
"II" adds an autofocus motor to the LENS
whereas the ONE "I" requires the camera body itself to have an autofocus motor which then focuses the lens which is only on the d7x00 and higher bodies.

The d3x00 and d5x00 camera bodies require the "II" TWO version.

Can you confirm you have a model II ?
It says SD 12-24 F4(IF) DX II. I did this to test its focusing, I put it in manual and unfocused it then changed it to auto focus and it focused but not enough at all, it went from extremely blurry to blurry

can you have someone else test it on their camera?
and can you return it?

Apparently it's a used lens, then, or you could return it. Buying used is buyer beware.

I did buy a lens several years ago that I knew had issues, but I also knew the flat-rate repair charge for it from a trusted internet site, and the total of the two was still less than a new lens, so I got a deal. Doesn't always work like that.

Can you turn off AF and get close manually? If the lens is completely incapable of a sharp image beyond a certain distance, it may have elements bonked about in the housing.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back