Can someone explain to me in lay terms how to tell which memory card

railman44

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
fits into a Nikon D70? Okay, I'm new to digital but is this some kind of knowledge someone is born with? Even on the large web sites such as B&H or Adorama they give no compatibility information. I know the difference between a "stick" and a card but that's about it. There are even different card physical sizes (not megabytes). Any help would be appreciated by this old 35mm guy...

Thanks for the advice Digital Matt! Before the camera was delivered I bought a copy of Magic Lantern's D70. I read it cover to cover 4 times in the last two weeks. I took your advice and looked at the manual. It mirrored Magic Lantern. In other words it didn't tell me much. Since I posted this question I went to the local camera rip-off store and bought a ProMaster card. That's all they carried and it seems to work. I don't believe the quality is that of Sandisk or Lexar. It still doesn't answer my question of how to tell what card works...

Thanks Andreag5!!!

Digital Matt I sure couldn't find it. Maybe I missed it I don't know. I do know that people are buying digital cameras and unless it's a kit they are flying blind. Why don't sellers offer a compatibility chart? I emailed Adorama and got the response I needed. Couldn't find it in their website. It blows my mind that people don't offer complete information when they're trying to make a profit. I'm a newbie in the digital camera world but not the computer world. This isn't rocket science. Offer the needed info and sell your goods. In the end the ignorant customer comes back and increases your bottom line...

My D70 manual definitely has info about which storage media the camera accepts. In fact there's a little table which has the brands that Nikon recommends using.

all digital camera have it, then you just look for compactflash or XD- whatever it takes then pick your size- im yet to see a camera that dosent list it. Memory card manufacturers wouldsnt list it because they couldnt keep track of which camera takes what plus memory cards are used in alot of different thing from PDA's to digital turntables,

Most reactions

New Topics

Back