Can someone help me with a purchase of a camera?

Theoutlawtree

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals! So first off i would like to say that i dont know anything about camera's. I am aware that i can research this stuff online but have been very busy with work. Maybe a very kind person could help me choose the right camera, and save me alot of time :)

Im looking for a proffessional digital (SLR?) camera that i can focus on my own. I would like to be able to take very nice close up pictures possibly even macros if i can find something cheap enough. Size of the camera is not an issue.

Would i need a seperate lens for macros, or do some cameras already come with nice clean crisp zoom pics?

Im looking at a camera at rythercamera.com...Its listed for 250$ (A nice price range for me), the info for it is the following- The Nikon Coolpix L110 Digital Camera (Black) produces images with up to 12.1 megapixels of resolution, and incorporates an amazing 15x wide-angle zoom lens. It has a 28 to 420mm lens

If anyone can point me in the right direction i would be more than grateful. I hope when i get my camera in i can share some nature photo's of the adirondacks and great outdoors.

The Nikon Coolpix L110 is not a professional dSLR. However it can focus as close as 0.4" (1cm) giving it a macro capability. I see B&H Photo Video, a very reputable online seller, offers the L110 for $280 (new). Nikon Coolpix L110 Digital Camera (Black) 26194 - B&H Photo

I notice they have one that has been refurbished for $180.
Used Nikon Coolpix L110 Digital Camera (Black) 26194 - B&H Photo

Item Condition : Refurbished Refurbished by the Manufacturer to original company's specifications

The Coolpix L110 is a 'bridge' camera.
A bridge camera is styled like a dSLR camera but does not have an interchange lens capability. A bridge camera is between the point & shoot cameras and the dSLR's that have the interchangeable lens capability.

There are 3 levels of dSLR cameras:
  1. Entry-level ( the next step up after the 'bridge' cameras) Nikon D40, D3000, D5000, D90.
  2. Prosumer - Nikon D300s, D700
  3. Professional - Nikon D3s, D3x
So the most basic Nikon professional dSLR camera is the $5200 D3s:
Nikon D3S Digital SLR Camera (Camera Body) 25466 - B&H Photo

Good macro lenses can be used in either autofocus or manual focus modes with just the click of a switch. Here is a good, 105 mm Nikon macro lens for $890, new.
Nikon 105mm f/2.8G ED-IF AF-S VR Lens 2160 - B&H Photo Video

Most reactions

New Topics

Back