can someone please help!

hakunamatata227

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, I recently bought a canon EOS 450D. This is my first DSLR. Now I am a little confused and unsure of the settings. And the pictures are turning out to be blurry no matter what mode I take it in. Does it have something to do with the lens being dirty or something?
what settings should i use to minimise the blur?

Hi, I recently bought a canon EOS 450D. This is my first DSLR. Now I am a little confused and unsure of the settings. And the pictures are turning out to be blurry no matter what mode I take it in. Does it have something to do with the lens being dirty or something?
Can you post some examples for people to see and help narrow it down?

It could be any number of things, but unless you post more details or better yet, examples, as Goontz suggested, it's difficult to advise you.

Did it come with a manual? Might want to start there.

Damn these cameras that actually require research and reading to be able to operate them!

Read the manual, go to the library and see if they have a book that specifically details the 450D. I bought mine, not having any experience with dSLRs or photography, and read a few books and got it working fine.

Take a quick look at here.

Digital Rebel XT Lessons

Even though it was made for an older model of Rebels, but the tutorial should give some ideas about your camera as well as basic photography. I also recommend you take a moment to read the manual that shipped with your camera first. Then go through the tutorial.

Understanding your camera and photography in general will help you take a better photo including less blur photos.

1. Did you buy the 450D new or used?
  2. make sure auto focus is turned on
  3. use AUTO mode for now
  4. Does the lens look dirty/greasy?

Yep, it won't work - it's a Canon. You should have purchased a Nikon, then you would take perfectly sharp images.

Well you could try reading a book about how to use the camera but if you had a Nikon it would instantly take sharp and properly exposed images

;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back