Can you hum a few bars?

Antarctican

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was very excited to see some hummingbirds at my little garden plot, and to have my camera on hand. Here are the shots I was able to get in the few seconds they were around:

img0638pseb5.jpg

img0639pswr8.jpg

img0640pstb4.jpg

Thanks for looking.

cool..... well captured anty.... these are tricky little buggers.... very quick.... and also very rare here in England..... so well done with these :thumbup:

As said above, well done on a tricky capture, what shutter speed were you using, and do you have a high power flash? as it would be really cool to see a shot taken using a fill/flash with the wings frozen.

@Archangel I had no idea that they could be found in england, are they an introduced species? and do you know what other european countries are they in?

tim

Blimey, I'm lucky if I see a house Sparrow in my backgarden!!!

Love the blur on their wings, and I'd love to know what the bird in the second shot is looking at.

So were these taken with your tiny PNS ;) or your bigger camera?

WOW Gorgeous!!!! I had one yesterday in my bird feeder for them and MISSED them! I did have teh camera but he didnt stay to long at all!

lostprophet said:
Love the blur on their wings, and I'd love to know what the bird in the second shot is looking at.

So were these taken with your tiny PNS ;) or your bigger camera?
In the second shot, the bird had just scared away the other one and was glaring at it, I think.

LOL, it was taken with the dSLR (although it was on auto mode, so doesn't that make it just a big pns??)
Airic said:
I don't even have any photos of these little guys.
You're kidding me!!! Wow. I was pretty happy to get these, as they really just flit by very quickly. My dream shot has the little guy at a flower though... maybe next time.

Awesome, just awesome! These are great!

wow i cant believe no one seems hummingbirds a lot
I see them all the time in my backyard or front yard
then again i do live in cali
nice shots

Yea, I see a lot in cali. They live here, but good shots nonetheless.

these are awsome pictures i never got to shoot two of them at once but i got some shots with flowers i just posted if you wanna take a look great job again

Cool shootin Anti. I will be at your garden on Saturday.:lmao:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back