Can you start of a successful business with this camera?

What you need to start your business:

Get market research done.
Get a lawyer.
Get an accountant.
Get a banker.
Get one years' worth of income saved up.
Get a business plan.
Get a balance sheet.
Get good credit.
Get advertising.
Get customers.
Get going.
Get real

Get a lawyer.
Get an accountant.
Get a banker.
Get a business plan.
Get a balance sheet.
Get good credit.
Get advertising.
Get customers.
Get going.

Get real

Well, take your camera out and let us know how you do.

You'll be joining thousands of others every day who think all they need is a camera.

Which ones would you leave out, James? Sparky's list looks pretty basic to me.

Get a lawyer.
Get an accountant.
Get a banker.
Get a business plan.
Get a balance sheet.
Get good credit.
Get advertising.
Get customers.
Get going.
Get real
That is very real and very accurate!

Which ones would you leave out, James? Sparky's list looks pretty basic to me.

For some, it would be:

Get a camera.
Get PhotoShop.
Get a FaceBook page.
Get a passel of deposits slips 'coz I'm gonna be rolling in dough. I just need to walk down the street and people will toss money at me in hopes I'll take their picture.

Get a lawyer.
Get an accountant.
Get a banker.
Get a business plan.
Get a balance sheet.
Get good credit.
Get advertising.
Get customers.
Get going.

Get real

You'll be joining thousands of others every day who think all they need is a camera.
You don't need "everything" you listed....

Get a lawyer.
Get an accountant.
Get a banker.
Get a business plan.
Get a balance sheet.
Get good credit.
Get advertising.
Get customers.
Get going.

Get real

You don't need "everything" you listed....
Which do you feel are superfluous?

The only one can see a quibble with is the one year's income. The market research should support the business plan which tells you what kind of capitalization you need.

Doesn't matter if you're starting a lemonade stand or an aerospace manufacturer.

I dunno what the answer is for you, but it might or might not be one year's income.

The rest, well, yeah. Unless you're itching to not get paid and fight about it on Facebook and then quit.

.......I dunno what the answer is for you, but it might or might not be one year's income.........

Several presidents ago, it was 6 months. In today's economy, a year's worth is a much better buffer.

Lots of people without business experience think that the lawyer, the accountant, and the banker are big expenses which you can trim out to save money.

This is the fallacy. These guys make money for you. They're cheaper than you think, and they pay for themselves no matter how small the business.

Unless your cash flow is nil, in which case, ow on the business plan.

For the camera question: absolutely you can start a successful business with that camera.

We all gotta start somewhere that camera is more than good enough to start. Not all of us started with a clear business plan and a lot learned along the way as we grow. Know what you want to do, have a plan, go and make it happen. It's a lot of work but you will get there if you put in the effort.

Lots of people without business experience think that the lawyer, the accountant, and the banker are big expenses which you can trim out to save money.

This is the fallacy. These guys make money for you. They're cheaper than you think, and they pay for themselves no matter how small the business.

Unless your cash flow is nil, in which case, ow on the business plan.
i dunno about the bold part. If i was just starting a photography business i would probably be tempted to opt out.

Well, let's pretend you wrote up your own contract for photography services. You may well end up with a clause that is, in effect, illegal and unenforceable. That could well invalidate the entire contract.

But you've already completed the job and delivered the goods to the customer. Now wouldn't you wish you had paid your lawyer a measly $100 to review your contract?

Together with an accountant, you will find out whether an S- or C-corp is best for you, or an LLC or LC. Accountants can also handle tax issues. And tell you how to save money on taxes.

A banker. Hmmmmm. Suppose you've been approached to do a job that you are able to do, except you don't have the necessary $8,000 of gear to do it. Wouldn't it be nice to know your signature is worth a $10,000 business loan before the need arises?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back