Canadian Sun Set

mannella

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I took this from my upper deck last week. The ice crystals in he air gave the sun a funnel look. The photo here looks a little grainy because of the small file size. I have also removed the power lines in the original but have left them here--Lenny
sunset_cathy.jpg

Wow, nice picture! I love sunset shots, and this is one of my favorites. Great work.

Whoa. That funnel effect is really interesting! And you know for a fact it is ice crystals in the air that produce this?
Lovely colours, you got a gorgeous view from your deck. Lucky you to be living by a lake (a lake it is, isn't it?) ... sunsets over an expanse of water are always extra nice!

Very pretty!!! That funnel is interesting, I cant say that I have ever seen anything like it before! I love the reflection! Great job!

actually if we are talking about crop I'd get rid of the tree on the left. but the sunset itself is beautiful! great colours!

i've seen a few photos of this phenomenon floating around, although never with a reflection - nice capture! I always see it referred to as a "sun pillar" - supposedly pretty rare. I can say I have never seen such a thing. although maybe that's just because Arizona isn't very well known for its airborne ice crystals... :mrgreen:

I used the term funnel for lack of a better explantion. I think sun pillar discribes it better. Mentos I tried the crop and didn't like it. I find the tree gives more depth to the photo jmo of course--lenny

Most reactions

New Topics

Back