Canon 40d

litebulb1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Can anybody who has the canon 40d tell me their thoughts about it. Pros and Cons?

In relation to what?
Pros: It takes pictures, Cons: None, it really does take pictures.

Thinking of buying one? Got a big budget? What else have you looked at? Were you thinking of a camera even better by any chance?

Well... the former anyway. Aside from ken rockwell's reviews being crap at best and fabrications at worst, his strong Nikon bias wouldn't fair well for the 40D ;)

I like mine! I'm very new to photography so I don't really know anything different.
I have a friend that has a Nikon D80 that I played around with for a little bit.
The biggest difference,IMO, was the size.
The Nikon is WAY smaller/lighter than the Canon. And, I must admit, I liked the controls on the Nikon a little better.
BUT, I love the feel of the Canon and playing with the D80 confirmed my decision.

Poking around, the general consensus is to spend money on glass.
My debate was between a used 20D and the 40D.
No regrets with the 40 (except that now I don't have any money for lenses), but again,, I don't know different..

Aside from ken rockwell's reviews being crap at best and fabrications at worst, his strong Nikon bias wouldn't fair well for the 40D ;)

I am pro Nikon... but think Ken Rockwell has his own agendas for sure. Take anything you read there with a grain of salt... make that a bag, no... a huge sack of salt. :lol:

Apparently the Canon 40D, Nikon D300, and the Sony A700 are being compared as being on roughly the same medium level but with different features and of course different pros and cons.

skieur

Most reactions

New Topics

Back