Canon 6D body drops to $999!

Derrel

Mr. Rain Cloud
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
B&H Photo has a $700 instant savings price, which drops the Canon EOS 6D body to an even $999! Pretty good deal for those who'd like to go full-frame an a very attractive price for a new camera! This price also includes an Adobe Creative Cloud, one-year subscription kit!

Canon EOS 6D DSLR Camera with Adobe Creative Cloud Photography

Wow! There's no way the Family CFO is going to let me spend that kind of cash on a new camera body, right now, but I can still appreciate the deal and the heads up.

It would actually end up costing me a bit more than that, because I'd have to replace my 17-85mm "knock about" lens with the equivalent in a full-frame (looks like that'd be the 28-135mm IS).

I wonder how the 6D compares to the 7D Mk. II for software features? The 7D is kinda sorta something I might be able to swing in the not-too-far-distant future, but the Mk. II has some features I really want, such as settable minimum shutter speed. (ETA: The 6D has this feature, at least.)

It's all moot, for me, right now, anyway, but it's fun to talk about it :)

The comparison of the 7D mk II and the 6D isn't really fair. I have the 7D mkii and it is my main (only) body at the moment. I have shot a quarter of football with the new 6D mk ii and the fps drop was more than I could handle.

The image quality in both will be good for most things you want to do but in reality a FF IQ is, most of the time, going to beat a crop sensor IQ.

That is a really good price for a brand new full frame if you don't mind only having 1 sd card slot on your camera. (No backup or redundancy)

I loved my 6D. It is a great camera for this price.

Most reactions

Back