canon 7D firmware v2 download Now

OH! Is that the one with some great upgrades in it? I read about it coming earlier this year!!!

Your link just takes me to the 7D in the canon store?

NM... I figured it out. Man, am I slow as mud tonight!

Last edited:
Glad you figure it out MLeeK lol

Have you updated? I am wondering how to use some of this! I need a new manual! lol!

Just downloaded the update. Cant wait to get it on my camera and try out the new features.

Bump :)

Downloading now! Bout time, been waiting for this!

has this been available on recently purchased 7Ds already (at least a week)? I'm looking at the manual for my work 7D and it says "this manual is for the EOS 7D installed with firmware version 2.0.0 or later"

has this been available on recently purchased 7Ds already (at least a week)? I'm looking at the manual for my work 7D and it says "this manual is for the EOS 7D installed with firmware version 2.0.0 or later"

I doubt any newly bought 7D's are preloaded with the new firmware, this just came out a couple days ago. There should be instructions on how to update via USB cable and using EOS Utility program on your computer or you can use a CF card reader to transfer the file over (Won't let you transfer the file via USB cable).

I doubt any newly bought 7D's are preloaded with the new firmware, this just came out a couple days ago. There should be instructions on how to update via USB cable and using EOS Utility program on your computer or you can use a CF card reader to transfer the file over (Won't let you transfer the file via USB cable).

Sorry, this has nothing really to do with you, but this sort of answer irks me to no end, and people on here do it all the time. If you know, you know, if you have no idea, you have no idea.

And yes, the 7Ds we got last week did come with 2.0 software pre loaded, I just checked.

Sorry, this has nothing really to do with you, but this sort of answer irks me to no end, and people on here do it all the time. If you know, you know, if you have no idea, you have no idea.

And yes, the 7Ds we got last week did come with 2.0 software pre loaded, I just checked.

I'll be honest, I meant no offense at all dude... you had a question and I just tried to answer to the best of my ability, and the fact that a 7D shipped with the new firmware just kinda surprises me that's all, geezz...

I am clueless to this... so please be gentle with me. I just received my Canon 7D in the mail today. How do I know if I need to update? I am so excited I don't even know where to start. Thank you for any help.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back