canon EF 50 mm f/1.4

No actually the 1.4 is noted to have some of the worst image quality out of the whole canon lens line up. If you want a 50 the 1.2 is the only one that has some ok quality. This is coming from a canon shooter. Just check my avatar

You should probably wait until you start making money from your website before you can afford the f1.2.

50mm 1.4 is the first lens I bought, and still the best lens I have.

^^^^ Don't listen to him! (TJ K) The 50mm 1.4 has been compared to being almost as good of quality (image wise) as the 1.2 for 1/4 the price. Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Lens Review
It's actually on my wish list. I'd say go for it, I haven't heard anything bad about it.

I guess haven't heard of sarcasm c'mon man

^^^^ Don't listen to him! (TJ K) The 50mm 1.4 has been compared to being almost as good of quality (image wise) as the 1.2 for 1/4 the price. Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Lens Review
It's actually on my wish list. I'd say go for it, I haven't heard anything bad about it.

I guess haven't heard of sarcasm c'mon man
No, I took it as sarcasm! :D That's the problem with text... Doesn't always come out the way you were thinking in your head.

Im looking for a 50mm 1.4, I hear the sigma 1.4 is decent aswell

The sigma version is supposed to be really good. I think I heard that it is better/even with the canon version and maybe nikon not quite sure. It does get a lot of great reviews though and is a huge piece of glass I think the filter size is 77mm the same size as my
70-200. That helps reduce vignetting and all that good stuff.

should I get it?
I love it in this forum when people ask and don't even mention what body they are strapping this mug onto??? How can I begin to give advice???

I rock one on my 5D MKII and love it! Shoots like butter, much better then the 1.8 copy as far as focusing.

This is how I roll... Pics and all so you all know whats up you know??? Why post a question that only leads to us asking more questions. :grumpy:

3236328364_a99b5b6318.jpg

Most reactions

Back