Canon Elan 7 and PC cords

Redsand187

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Well, I just bought a Elan 7 off of Ebay... can't wait for it to show up. Any ways, I have one question that I need to find the answer to. It shouldn't be too hard:

The Elan does not have a PC output. No big deal, however, I want to run a non dedicated flash on a bracket. Meaning, I need a PC output. I'm sure they make them... in fact, I've seen Nikon's. I just need to know one that will work with my camera and preferably cheap. (I'm just spent 350, and am a about to spend another 350 on more accessories)

My main problem, I'm going to order all my stuff from BH, and looking through there I only see the one Nikon that seems like it does what I need it to do. (It's out of stock, and I am unsure of the compatiblity) Every other one seems like it's for cameras with a PC output and no hotshoe... I need it the other way around. Any reccomendations? Also, will the TTL flash control work through the PC cord? I'm still a newbie :?

Thanks in advanced guys.... and girls. ;)

I have that cord, works good with my speed lite. I'm in search of the speedlite that has also a flash controler so I can use the speedlite I have now as a second light. well thats one of my plans after I buy new lenses and a elan 7nhehehe

Cuervo79 said:
I have that cord, works good with my speed lite. I'm in search of the speedlite that has also a flash controler so I can use the speedlite I have now as a second light. well thats one of my plans after I buy new lenses and a elan 7nhehehe

What do you shoot with now?

2 zooms 35-80 F 4.0-5.6, 75-300 F4.0-5.6, EOS 500 (rebel in the states) Speedlite 240xl (not really sure atm)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back