Canon EOS d1 Mark III

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by setiawan4gus, Jul 26, 2007.

1. setiawan4gus

setiawan4gus TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I planning to buy this camera for my work, but before I buy it, I just want to ask some question here, is that camera worth to buy? How about the weather, as in Indonesia the weather is so hot. is this camera work well in Indonesia? And what lens do you suggest for this camera. If this camera not worth as it's price, what should I use or buy? Thanks before.. Your suggestion will help me decide to buy this one or not.. Best regards...

2. -spam-

-spam- TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    You are talking about one of the best cameras on the market today.

The body is weather sealed, so the weather it would be used in shouldnt really be worried about.

One question and it kind of ties in with the lens question, what are you planning to use it for?

3. usayit

usayit No longer a newbie, moving up!

North New Jersey, United States of America
    Photos OK to edit
    As Mr Spam said... one of the best cameras on the market today. A definite improvement over the 1d markII which was also an extremely capable camera.

On the lens... take note.. not all of Canon lenses (even the L's) are weather sealed.

4. setiawan4gus

setiawan4gus TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    So as your explanation, it's worthy to buy. I'm planned to use it to my new studio. I have a little studio here. As my freelance work, I use it to take some object that my client want. Can I use this camera underwater? I need it to take some underwater object. Or should I buy optional accesories. About the lens, do you have any suggestion? Thanks in advance...

5. lifeafter2am

lifeafter2am TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    You need some kind of housing to take it underwater. Not to mention external flashes, it gets a little trickier when doing underwater photography because of the light absorbation rate of water.

For lenses, any of the "L" lenses is what I would use. Probably something like the 70-200mm F/2.8 L.

6. setiawan4gus

setiawan4gus TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Thanks bro.. any suggestion for optional item? Like optional body sealed? If nothing goes wrong, next week I'm planning to buy this camera.. :)