Canon EOS M10 won't allow me to take photos out of focus

jsisidore

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What gives? Does anyone who had or has this camera can explain to me what's going on?

What gives? Does anyone who had or has this camera can explain to me what's going on?
Most cameras won't. If you have a manual focus switch on the lens, switch it to manual and the camera should stop caring.

Thanks I found the option. I didn't even know that the moving part of the lens was mf adjustment.

I never tried to do out of focus. It always happened as a surprise. I did try double exposure though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Assuming that camera is like other cameras, it should have two primary AF modes. Moving subject mode (AI Servo (called by others AF-C)) and still subject mode (One Shot (Called by others AF-S)).

In still subject mode, the camera is programed so that when you press the shutter release, it focuses and waits until it has achieved focus before actually snapping the photo.

If, for whatever reason, you can't achieve focus (too dark, no contrast) then the camera simply won't take the photo...in that mode. If you switch to a different mode, like moving subject mode, you should be able to snap a photo whenever you want....even if it's out of focus. Or you might be able to turn the focus off (manual focus).

this is why I like detaching the acquiring focus from the shutter button.

Most reactions

Back