Canon EOS Rebel 4Ti (650D) blurry pictures

2k05gt

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I purchased the Eos 4Ti (650D) in 2013 and have not had many issues with it. recently my daughter noticed the pictures were blurry compared to pictures from her Canon EOS Rebel 3T or 5T
so I am wondering is there any calibration or maintenance may that needed to be performed to correct this?

here are some examples that are in RAW format. (OneDrive)

Switch lenses with your daughter and look for any differences. AF settings? Too low shutter speed+no support? Just seeing what might stick when thrown at the wall...

Last edited:
Switch lenses with your daughter and look for any differences. AF settings? Too low shutter speed+no support? Just seeing what might stick when thrown at the wall...
I will try that.
I am hoping to get a new one but searching for one that fits all my needs it tough.
I like the Canon R8 but I want to stick below $1000 for camera body.
Lenses well, that's an whole other search ...

Does the Lens have an image stabilization feature? I found that this option with my 18-135 mm lens helped to keep the objects in focus when at the maximum value.

Marc

Does the Lens have an image stabilization feature? I found that this option with my 18-135 mm lens helped to keep the objects in focus when at the maximum value.

Marc
Yes the Stabilizer switch is on.

Has the adjustment on the eye piece been altered. I keeled ok getting slightly off images and found that the adjustment on the eue piece was not quite to my vision, and I was adjusting the focus.’
hope this helps

if its on a tripod try switching it off
no Tripod, I was on a 6ft Ladder holding it.

I did notice while I was looking at the CS2 Raw file using the Canon DPP software that the left side of the picture was blurry, the Middle was ok, and the right side was slightly blurred. I am now wondering if the Lens is Trash, should I invest in another lens?

The Camera was set to Manual using
ISO-1600
F-Stop: F/8
Exposure Time: 1/25 sec
Exposure bias: 0 Step
Metering Mode: Spot
Focal length: 18mm

Last edited:
no Tripod, I was on a 6ft Ladder holding it.

I did notice while I was looking at the CS2 Raw file using the Canon DPP software that the left side of the picture was blurry, the Middle was ok, and the right side was slightly blurred. I am now wondering if the Lens is Trash, should I invest in another lens?

The Camera was set to Manual using
ISO-1600
F-Stop: F/8
Exposure Time: 1/25 sec
Exposure bias: 0 Step
Metering Mode: Spot
Focal length: 18mm
shutter speed is low, that's probably where your issue is , especially as you say you were up a ladder!

Last edited:
shutter speed is low, that's probably where your issue is , especially as you say you were up ladder!
So this is where I need the experience, I am trying to only use Manual setting and I find it difficult to juggle the concepts of F stops, ISO and Shutter speed relationships.
I understand Shutter speed, the Slower the more light is let in, faster less light.
Aperture (F-Stops) the Lower it is the focus is on the subject and larger for landscape or focus on the entire picture?
ISO, the lower less light sensitive, the higher more light sensitive but the sacrifice is grainy pictures.

Technically, all three deal with light input and control, right? The Aperture is a little confusing, someone once explained it to me that it's like the Iris of our eyes, it open wide (low F-Stop) Closes (High F-Stop) But that does not make sense because in dark our iris opens up to let more light in and in bright sun it closes to reduce the amount of light..
It's the relationship of each and how they work together or against each other is what eludes me.

Attachments

• Camera Cheatcard.jpg
    Camera Cheatcard.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
So this is where I need the experience, I am trying to only use Manual setting and I find it difficult to juggle the concepts of F stops, ISO and Shutter speed relationships.
I understand Shutter speed, the Slower the more light is let in, faster less light.
Aperture (F-Stops) the Lower it is the focus is on the subject and larger for landscape or focus on the entire picture?
ISO, the lower less light sensitive, the higher more light sensitive but the sacrifice is grainy pictures.

Technically, all three deal with light input and control, right? The Aperture is a little confusing, someone once explained it to me that it's like the Iris of our eyes, it open wide (low F-Stop) Closes (High F-Stop) But that does not make sense because in dark our iris opens up to let more light in and in bright sun it closes to reduce the amount of light..
It's the relationship of each and how they work together or against each other is what eludes me.
Put it on auto mode and see what settings the camera selects if you can recreate the composition you had, that should give you a good starting point to experiment with, because that's the best way to get a grip with your settings, experimentation, there are some really good resources on you tube...Have a look at Mark Denney's YouTube channel. hope this helps

Most reactions

New Topics

Back