Canon F-1 Users?

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by rp1600, Sep 5, 2006.

1. rp1600

rp1600 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    This goes out to all of those "old-timers" who still may use a Canon F-1 as either their primary body or close secondary. It's the first camera I used back in 1980, shooting strictly black and white and self-processing. I recently purchased another F-1 with ful complement lens. Is there anyone still out there using this camera on a regular basis. If so, drop me a line as I may need help, advice, memory-jogging, etc. when i start using this trusty workhorse again.

2. jwkwd

jwkwd TPF Noob!

Am I the only other one? I have always wanted one up to about 6-7 months ago. Mine is one of the first, and of course it's a long throw. Keep in mind, I am a hardcore Nikon user ( F, F2, F2s, F3 and HP as well as an F4 ) but holding a F-1 and looking through the viewfinder is quite a treat. I don't subscibe to the Canon is better or Nikon is better BS, it just happens that I went with Nikon a long time ago and have a lot of Nikon stuff that you just seem to need at the time. If I had to do it all over, after finally getting the F-1, it would be a tough choice. If there was a shot outside my window that was once in a lifetime, I don't know if my hands would go for an F2 or the F-1. Which ever one I would grab first, I would still grab the other afterwards, just in case ;) .

3. jwkwd

jwkwd TPF Noob!

One more thing, either Canon or Nikon, but one of them the focusing is backwards as well as the aperture ring.

4. Shooting Stars

Shooting Stars TPF Noob!

That camera is like my '55 Chevy with a 327 shortblock. It feels real, weighs a ton and I miss it every single day. But time marches on. There is not much to know. It is the ultmate basic camera. Meter, focus, shoot. Usually in that order! Trader Jim's Camera in Cuver City CA has always been my supplier (then & now) and usually has some odd accessory for it stuffed in a drawer.
    But ask away...

5. cumi

cumi TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I own an AV-1. I used it before 6 mounths...

My lenses are: 50mm 1.8 and 70-210 4.0 all manual focus (of course).

6. kaboom

kaboom TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    hey, sorry for digging up an old post, but i'm one of them old timers (funny, considering i'm only 20) who's using an F-1 as my primary body, and a pentax k-1000 as a secondary.
    along with the body (october 1972 and still working great) i have a 50 1.4, a 24 2.8 and a 135 2.3 that i sometimes use with a 2x multiplier ring.