canon lover from Cincy

ClydeReily

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone,
I've been reading posts for awhile and decided to join. I want to get back into photography and this forum seems to have a lot of information and educated photographers. I'm looking forward to reading and posting!

Clyde

What's up Clyde?

Why do you love Canon?
I had a canon camera back in the film days so I thought I'd stay with canon. Canon and Nikon seem to have different areas they excel in but I started with canon and I thought I'd stay with it. That's not a very technical answer but I'm still a newbie so for now I'll go with that lol I'm getting to ready to make a buy and I think its going to be the 70D and then graduate up in a year.

Gotcha. A year seems to be a short time frame. Do you have an idea about what you will upgrade to? What will you be shooting most with the 70D?

My Wifey has the 70D.

WELCOME to TPF, Clyde! The 70D seems like a pretty capable camera body for general uses. Doesn't make a lot of sense to sink a whole lot of money into a d-slr body these days, especially if a future upgrade looms within sight on the horizon. I was JUST on a local brick and mortar photo store's used website, and there is a TON of great Canon glass for sale right NOW!!! Why? The new 5Ds and 5D SR, 50-MP models!! People selling lenses as a way to raise cash for the next big thing.

Gotcha. A year seems to be a short time frame. Do you have an idea about what you will upgrade to? What will you be shooting most with the 70D?

My Wifey has the 70D.
as far as the upgrade I like the new 5DS and 5DSR. its price is out of reach at the moment and my skill level would not match the camera. However, having said that I do learn somewhat quickly and that's the reason for starting something like the 70D. As far as what I'm going to shoot or what I'm interested in that would be landscape/scenery and some wildlife. I would love to get into portraiture as well.

WELCOME to TPF, Clyde! The 70D seems like a pretty capable camera body for general uses. Doesn't make a lot of sense to sink a whole lot of money into a d-slr body these days, especially if a future upgrade looms within sight on the horizon. I was JUST on a local brick and mortar photo store's used website, and there is a TON of great Canon glass for sale right NOW!!! Why? The new 5Ds and 5D SR, 50-MP models!! People selling lenses as a way to raise cash for the next big thing.
Thanks for the welcome Derrel. I know I'm buying a crop sensor now and wanting the 5DS (or R) down the road but I wanted to buy a body that I could learn from and with and then when the price comes (a few pennies) because the next big thing has hit again then I'll pull the trigger on a serious camera>

Most reactions

New Topics

Back