The Coffee House

Here they are, in the corner of the yard, the little sweeties. :586: The cats have been told they have to stay in until they take off. I want this first visit to feel 100% safe.

Taken through the patio glass door. Oh well. Daisy's hard to see, which is how Nature plans it. :lol: I only knew she was around because Jay was there. Finally spied her.

20240428_174050.jpg

Here they are, in the corner of the yard, the little sweeties. :586: The cats have been told they have to stay in until they take off. I want this first visit to feel 100% safe.

Taken through the patio glass door. Oh well. Daisy's hard to see, which is how Nature plans it. :lol: I only knew she was around because Jay was there. Finally spied her.

View attachment 274514
Canada geese nesting in the usual improbable places in my 'hood. Not at all friendly when they're in a family way!

@terri years ago our house was on a lake, every evening after school the ducks would waddle up to front door and raise a ruckus. That was their signal to tell the kids they were hungry. After the kids would feed them they'd waddle back to the water. When the little ones hatched, they'd bring them as if to show them off. In the winter they'd fly south, but every spring they'd be back. Year after year they did this, so we know it couldn't have been the same ducks, we have to believe it was the kids, grandkids and great grandkids.

@terri years ago our house was on a lake, every evening after school the ducks would waddle up to front door and raise a ruckus. That was their signal to tell the kids they were hungry. After the kids would feed them they'd waddle back to the water. When the little ones hatched, they'd bring them as if to show them off. In the winter they'd fly south, but every spring they'd be back. Year after year they did this, so we know it couldn't have been the same ducks, we have to believe it was the kids, grandkids and great grandkids.
That's such a great story! Of course, it was all the same family. Y'all were trusted friends!

I'm trying to cultivate that here. It tickled me to see them land, and go straight to where they knew the chow was.

View attachment 274514
Your cats not wearing bells?

Monday, Monday, so good to me
Monday mornin', it was all I hoped it would be...

Good morning! It's mid-60s this morning, and foggy. It's supposed to be sunny later and get up into the mid-80s. But work, yeah. The swallows are coming and going, the blue jay and red bellied woodpecker visiting the feeder on and off, and Mr. Squirrel is back after being gone for a few days. Of course, I swapped out to the regular feed, so of course he returns. 😁

Monday, Monday, so good to me
Monday mornin', it was all I hoped it would be...

Good morning! It's mid-60s this morning, and foggy. It's supposed to be sunny later and get up into the mid-80s. But work, yeah. The swallows are coming and going, the blue jay and red bellied woodpecker visiting the feeder on and off, and Mr. Squirrel is back after being gone for a few days. Of course, I swapped out to the regular feed, so of course he returns. 😁
Thanks for the earworm, Jeff! :lol: At least it has beautiful harmonies.

No ducks today. *sniffle* The back yard had to be mowed, and it's garbage day - lots of activity outside. But I do expect *our* Mr Red squirrel to show up at the back door on time. He likes 7pm!

Hi all here are those pics.
My workshop is dads garage, I am still clearing space. But I now have finished setting up the solar systems three in all. All independent of each other and the grid. Not much to look at compared to some of your workshops but it does me

Attachments

• C02EA47E-6557-486C-92AA-5F23C38E7F52.jpeg
    C02EA47E-6557-486C-92AA-5F23C38E7F52.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 3
  • 4F25C37E-081F-4E9F-BBFC-66D166CC8AAE.jpeg
    4F25C37E-081F-4E9F-BBFC-66D166CC8AAE.jpeg
    880.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 2F6D39D6-A511-4A9C-83C9-133DC0005007.jpeg
    2F6D39D6-A511-4A9C-83C9-133DC0005007.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
  • 068B0982-7476-4EB0-9E8E-93C8510C56FE.jpeg
    068B0982-7476-4EB0-9E8E-93C8510C56FE.jpeg
    593.3 KB · Views: 2
  • D8879A8B-9388-4D26-A781-4C12BC976A0F.jpeg
    D8879A8B-9388-4D26-A781-4C12BC976A0F.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
  • FDA53BCD-BF43-4059-B61F-12272D8FDD3C.jpeg
    FDA53BCD-BF43-4059-B61F-12272D8FDD3C.jpeg
    982 KB · Views: 2
Thanks for the earworm, Jeff! :lol: At least it has beautiful harmonies.

No ducks today. *sniffle* The back yard had to be mowed, and it's garbage day - lots of activity outside. But I do expect *our* Mr Red squirrel to show up at the back door on time. He likes 7pm!

NO EARWORMS PLEASE!! We watched Lil'Bit Sat & Sun, both days she binge watched this show on the Disney Channrel that had one of those intro songs that can easily become an earworm. Just typing this is causing it to run through my head

Wildlife is smarter than we give them credit. We live in the middle of 35 acres of woods surrounded by connecting woods. For several years we regularly harvested deer. Then this certain Doe took up residence. She'd come up in the yard and watch DW. when babies came she'd bring them up to show DW. Guess who's no longer allowed to hunt 🤪

@Original katomi when we built our house, I had every intention of installing solar, but when I looked at our discounted rate we received for being "all electric", and calculated the pay back on the solar it was about the same as the lifespan of the equipment. 😒 We're under the threshold for using wind, and no running water, so we are firmly planted on the grid.

Most reactions

Back