Canon off camera flash cord

250Gimp

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was wondering if anyone could tell me if the Canon off camera shoe cord II will work with my Rebel Xt & 430 EX flash? If not can you tell me what will work.

Thanks

Thanks Big Mike. So it will allow the E-TTL to work properly between the camera and flash?

Cheers

Same question different parts.

Will a TTL hot shoe adapter 2 with connecting cord 60 work with a digital Rebel Xt and 430 EX flash.

To me it seems like the same combination as the all one off camera shoe cord II, except expandable.

Thanks in advance

Looking at it...I would say yes, that should work exactly like the 'off camera shoe cord II'

You would need two adaptors plus a cord...but it would be expandable. They also have TTL distributors, so that you could attach up to 4 flash units.

Now the questions is...why not just use the wireless capabilities? If you buy a 550EX, a 580EX or the ST-E2 (IR transmitter), you can use it as a master or slave and use the 430EX as a slave. You still get all the E-TTL functions but without the wires.

Thanks Big Mike.

I can get the cord set up used for a decent price, and I can't afford a new flash right now as a master, and I think the ST-E2 is pretty expensive as well.

Cheers

Most reactions

New Topics

Back