Canon or Nikon

These are steps I should have taken ... instead, I only did #1.

1. go to store to touch the camera - for amt of money you are spending, you want it to be comfortable ... you want it to "feel right" when you are holding it
2. make a list of what you want to do with camera
3. look for lens based on list you made - compare image quality, testimonials, and PRICE of the lens (you can find all this online)

Make decision based on above ... today, I believe #3 is most important.

I've seen some incredible photos from people using entry level DSLRs (D40, XT), but they understood their equipment. More often then not, they were using very good lens.

As if anyone would want a Canon Just look at them:

DSC_2290-Canon.jpg

Canon make WHITE lenses, yes WHITE. And not fully white like apple and their sleek stainless, white mixed with grey and a red ring on the front. Look at it. Would you trust a company that picks a red ring? Don't get me started on DO lenses. The green ring clashes with the white more than the red ring.

Think of it this way. Would a white lens get you laid at an event you're covering? No way! Chicks don't dig people with lack of style. It's like wearing white socks with a black suit.

Now Nikon on the other hand, black and gold is totally where it's at. You can't go wrong with Nikon.

/EDIT: don't take this seriously.

I join the recommendations to actually check both.

I've had a very good experience with Nikon, from the
(film) 'F' series to the D300, including a few Coolpix,
and never had any problem with any body or Nikkor lens.
Someone else may say the same about Canon.

What's really important is the feel (while actually taking
some shots), the ergonomics and the interface.
Try both:
How does it fit your hand, how natural it is to reach the
controls, how convenient is the menue for you.

As for Garbz's comments -
On a few occasions, girls got fascinated and gave me their
non-photography-related "reviews" on how the 18-200 zooms
out real long...
I don't think that Canon has anything that can compete with that... :D
Not even in white with a red ring...

Both are excellent camera systems. Personally I think Nikon is a little more durable but you should pick the one that feels best to you.

The most important part is the accessories and lens systems because you are buying a system and not just a camera.

Nikon has the advantage of being backwards compatable in as much as most of their lenses can be used on their older MF cameras as well as the newest DSLR's.

This allows you to carry a backup manual film camera should you want and still use almost all the available lenses on each.

If you have an ex-wife, ask her what she likes and go the other way. ;)

I just saw this post and busted out laughing.

During my "Practice Marriage" my wife came to me and asked if I liked her hair long, (like she had it) or if I would like it cut short.

I told her I loved it they way it looked, nice and long.

Next day she came home with it chopped off.......:er:

I hate the white lenses on a cannon. Its easier to be spotted in a crowd while stalking your victim. Thats why i choose nikon. Now thats a great stalker cam.

I have no clue which one is better..*cough* canon *cough* sorry that I couldn't help.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back