Canon XS Shots: Please C/C

bp4life71

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My nightly pictures from Balcony of my condo!

They are untouched, aside from two of them being cropped so that the 5 gallon bucket (poor man's tripod) is not in the scene....lol.

C and C please!

3939420256_cd176a8d3b_b.jpg

Same picture, under exposed on purpose.....

3939420498_6057e2c873_b.jpg

3939420830_33cf4706bd_b.jpg

As you can tell, especially if you look at my flikr page, I like to take mostly landscape shots so far. Just got my camera last week, and its my first time with camera. Doing alot of reading to learn as fast as I can.....all pictures taken on custom modes, no automatic for me!

Everyone must be speechless! or gagging...lol.

Any C/C appreciated...pats on the back, constructive critisism....i can handle it!

Not really that interesting a location. I find that the easier the place is to shoot from, the more boring the image.

Why not get out and go on that dock in the background and shoot from there?

Landscapes are about the sky AND about the other elements and how they all play on each other. If you are doing night shots, its about lights, different colours, and again, how each light mixes, light reflections and so on.

The railing at the bottom of your image doesn't do much for the photo.

Think about what you are trying to convey with your image, what you want the viewer to feel or see in your photograph.

Not really that interesting a location. I find that the easier the place is to shoot from, the more boring the image.

Why not get out and go on that dock in the background and shoot from there?

Landscapes are about the sky AND about the other elements and how they all play on each other. If you are doing night shots, its about lights, different colours, and again, how each light mixes, light reflections and so on.

The railing at the bottom of your image doesn't do much for the photo.

Think about what you are trying to convey with your image, what you want the viewer to feel or see in your photograph.

Thanks for the suggestions Big Twinky. Yeah, I was just snapping some shots from the balcony. Your right though, had I went down to the docks it could have been a nicer shot. I appreciate your comments.

Most reactions

Back