canon Xsi Exposure question

Well. Your battery will run out after an hour and a half-ish I think.

Interested in taking some star trails?

I have a follow up question too, can't you mess up/burn up the sensor like this? Especially if you overexpose?

Well. Your battery will run out after an hour and a half-ish I think.

Interested in taking some star trails?

I have a follow up question too, can't you mess up/burn up the sensor like this? Especially if you overexpose?
errrrr.......not so sure I wanna do that then lol

I heard somewhere that the sensor will heat up and damage itself.

I wanna say it does this after more than, like 10 seconds? Im not sure on that part.

It's a CMOS sensor. To take exposures longer than 30 sec you need to use bulb and a cable release. Maybe the remote releases work too? I don't know. With the cable release you either need to hold the button down or it will lock down. When the button is released in bulb the shutter closes.

I've not used the Xsi, but 20-30 min exposures with my other Canon DSLRs haven't hurt them.

It's a CMOS sensor. To take exposures longer than 30 sec you need to use bulb and a cable release. Maybe the remote releases work too? I don't know. With the cable release you either need to hold the button down or it will lock down. When the button is released in bulb the shutter closes.

I've not used the Xsi, but 20-30 min exposures with my other Canon DSLRs haven't hurt them.
bulb?

:facepalm:

Look it up in the manual, it makes the exposure any length of time that you decide.

haha hey I dont claim I know all about the camera and I have never tried longer than 30 seconds

Most reactions

Back