Can't keep sky from blowing out...

You missed the point. They're saying that it doesn't matter if the polarizer spins - it will act the same no matter how it's rotated. That's not true. They're mistaken.

Help a brotha out, here. I have a circular polarizer but I haven't slapped it on my lens yet (haven't had any bluebird powpow days since I bought it). Is there a particular orientation I need to use? My lens doesn't rotate.
Thanks!

You will focus then you will rotate the filter to obtain the desired effect you want. If the barrel that the filter attaches to does not rotate thats all you do.
If the barrel that the filter attaches does rotate each time you focus, you need to readjust filter each time.
This might help.
How To Use A Polarizing Filter

AHAHAHA I just opened the box and examined the filter for the first time, and whaddaya know? Damn thing rotates.:lmao:

Hi, I'm Admiral Rook N00b, and I sail The Failboat.:lol:
C7

Just a couple of thoughts/suggenstion...

#1, like someone mentioned, force the camera to meter for the sky, if those are the details you want correctly exposed. You should be able to seperate the focus lock and AE lock. if not, just take the reading, and then change to manual and put the settings in.

#2, while in the AV mode, try the in-camera exposure compensation. try taking pictures at several stop differences than what the light meter recommends. Auto bracketing may work in your camera, if not do it manually.

good luck

Most reactions

New Topics

Back