Can't open my Canon 6D camera raw images in PS

RocketDog85

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I upgraded to a 6D recently and have been out doing some landscape shooting today.
Took all my images in RAW and they won't open in Photoshop - getting an error message saying it isn't supported!

I have tried on my PC with CS5 and on my Mac with CS4 but I get the same for both. I have looked for an upadate to the software but it looks like I might have the latest version?

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Ps - I could open them previously from my 450D

You'll need to install adobe camera raw, Lightroom, or the raw converter that came with your camera and convert them to a supported file type. Lightroom and ACR would be the easiest option since they were written to flow with Photoshop.

Except that the latest update is CS6. If my memory is correct, I am not sure it is, I believe that 6.7 was the last raw update for CS5.

I believe I have 6.7 already.

I can't say that I noticed any software in the box, I only spotted a disc containing the manuals. Maybe the canon website might have it?

Try and update your CS5 Raw converter. You can also download DPP from the canon website and process the raw files using that.

Most reactions

Back