Can't remember a photographer's name

JeremyLee

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I've been away from photography for several years and and now getting back into it. I'm trying to remember the name of a photographer who was known as a living legend at the time I was really into photography. He lives or lived in New York City and gave workshops at his home which was also his studio, which was in a historic building/landmark. Not sure if he's still alive, but I very much wanted to study with him and can't believe his name escapes me. Google searches and looking over lists have been fruitless. I know this isn't much information, but any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

And the year was?

What style of photography? Portraiture? Landscape? Architecture? Street photography? Journalism?

Pretty sure you mean Jay Maisel. He's been one of my favorites since I was a kid.

Pretty sure you mean Jay Maisel. He's been one of my favorites since I was a kid.
Jay Maisel is a founding member of The New York Photo Salon. They meet once a month at the School of Visual Arts, and a few photographers present their work at each meeting. Attendance is free, and open to anyone. I've seen Jay present there a couple of times.

Yes! Jay Maisel. Cannot believe I forgot that. I don't suppose he still does workshops. 2011 was the last time I really spent much time with a camera. I recently got married and my wife has been going through some of my old photographs and is wanting to learn. I still remember how to use my camera, but that's about all I remember. Thanks for the help guys, it was just really bugging me last night and not being able to find an answer is just too much for me.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back